What does a Cyber Security Engineer Do?
The main goal of our Cyber Security Engineers is to build a robust system that protects your organization from serious cyber threats and attacks. It is important that any cyber security specialist understands concepts incorporated from electrical engineering and computer science and apply them to cyberspace. We ensure all of our Cyber Security Engineers are well versed in digital forensics, security policy, and network defense.
Common Cyber Security Tasks
Every environment is different but our Cyber Security Engineers are well versed in analyzing the needs of your network. Some of the common tasks that we may perform are:
- Performing assessments and penetration testing
- Development and implementation of secure network solutions
- Architecting and engineering trusted systems into secure systems
- Managing audit/intrusion and security technology systems
It is important for a cyber security professional to be able to troubleshoot, identify unauthorized access, and offer solutions regarding an organizations system and network as it relates to cyber security. This type of analysis is on the forefront of information protection for the organization. We ensure our Cyber Security Engineers have the training, skills, experience, and education required to complete the necessary tasks.
Cosaint Cyber® Security Engineers
All of our engineers are well versed in the latest cyber security techniques and practices. We also ensure our team stays up to date with the latest threats and techniques used by potential cyber attackers. Our Cyber Security Engineers provide security services for all fo your applications, networks, websites, and data for your company. We are responsible for collaborating with all departments to establish security protocols and ensure we protect your IT systems. We require our engineers to have many competencies but a few are listed below:
- Understanding of cyber security methodologies
- The ability to evaluate system changes for security implications
- The knowledge to make recommendations for improvements
- Knowledge of current cyber security trends and continued research of emerging trends and hacking techniques
- Proficiency in Java, Python, C++, bash, and power shell
- Networking experience with the TCP/IP stack
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and renowned ports and services
- The ability to work well with others including collaboration and communication with other departments
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills